Friday, December 16, 2016

Day 10 - Let the good times roll

Today so far has been uneventful, but one interesting thing is that I forgot to take my medicine on time - I was about an hour late and didn't even notice. Typically, I've been so focused on remembering that it was somewhat distracting - but not today - I completely let it slip. I'm not sure why that is important to me, but I feel that it is a sign that I'm not dependent on the medication. I know, early on, not even 2 weeks in and it takes a month to take effect, but I still like to think positive.

Took a half day today at work and came home to relax thinking the missus would be home as well, but she got stuck at a work party. So, just me and the cat and I'm catching up on the journal, ensuring I document how I'm feeling. Another thing I'm noticing is that I'm not documenting as much as I set out to do - which isn't a sign of laziness as I've been feeling more full of energy than ever before. Rather, it is a sign that I don't need to analyze everything to see what could be positively affecting / negatively affecting my mood - I simply feel good.

I'll revisit this later on today as the night plays out. Just got news we need $1K in new tires, but, again, I'm calm.

-----

It is now Day 11, but I would like to finish Day 10 as I continue to see the positives happening. My wife came home with the little one and dinner was on the cards. I took control - made chicken stir fry and it was damn good and fun to be back into cooking. Cornstarch on the chicken is the secret - we learned that from Blue Apron - phenomenal.

Had some drinks like usual and fell asleep on the couch watching Frosty on TV. Woke up, took shower, bathed G and - the side effect which worried me so, no longer worries me. It was a good night. And that, is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment