Saturday, December 24, 2016

Day 17 - Bring on the Holidays

Yesterday and today has been a mad house in getting the house ready for the parentals. Both sets are coming and it has just been a mad house around here. Planning meals, spending tons of money on groceries and alcohol, cleaning, washing, drying, on and on and on. It was stressful, But again, I know this must begin to sound boring and repetitive, but I kept calm.

My parents arrived and usually in the past (as recent as Labor Day), it is met with anxiety and nervousness. See, my Mom is a professional critic - at least she should have been. Imagine the mom from Everybody Loves Raymond. Yeah. Exactly.

This time - (i know) calm. It was pleasant actually.

We tackled homemade lasagna - and i mean legit homemade. Made the noodles by hand, homemade sauce and it was a messy disaster and delicious! Sure, there was flour all over the place, dough on the floor (and cleaners had just come that day), but it was a heck of a lot of fun and i didn't  care. I took the sweeper after and cleaned up and we had a really enjoyable dinner.

It's a testament - and a positive sign considering the next set of parents are about to arrive. Tomorrow will be a challenge - the ultimate challenge. Praying that all will be fine. I know you may be laughing - it's Christmas, everyone has people over and gets anxious...well for me, that meant drinking and being a grinch. I don't want that this year. I want this to be proper.

No comments:

Post a Comment